Buy Albanian Driving License
Buy Albanian driving license to drive freely in Albania I have rented vehicles on many occasions in Albania and from a number of different companies. I have never been asked for anything other than my UK driving licence. When I first came to Tirana I did arrange an international driving licence but it was never required so it expired a few years ago. I drive quite a lot here (50,000km llast year) and am frequently stopped at police checkpoints outside of Tirana. On the odd occasion I have had to show my UK licence and paperwork for my hire car but usually I am waived on when they realise I am not Albanian.
DRIVING IN ALBANIA
Driving in Albania might seem as a tenacious journey on itself, the Albanian drivers not always respect the rules, and we would recommend you to take it easy at first and be cautious until you get used to driving in Albania’s “wild” roads. Throughout this page we have summarized the whole process of driving in Albania, from driving licenses, car insurance, etc.
• Driving is on the right hand side of the road.
• The minimum driving age is 18 years.
• Everyone in the car must wear a seatbelt at all times.
• Mobile phones are not allowed while driving but hands-free systems, yes.
• A fire extinguisher, basic emergency repair kit, and spare bulbs must be in the car
• The speed limits are: in residential areas – 50 km/h (31 mph); outside residential areas – 90 km/h (56 mph); on motorways – 110 km/h (68 mph).
• The legal blood alcohol level is 0.01 mg/ml.
• To rent a car, a driver must present a full valid driving license which he has held for at least 3 years. The minimum age for renting a car is 21 years.
• If a driver is involved in an accident, he must wait until police arrives. Buy Albanian Driving License
While driving in Albania you are required by law to carry the following items, otherwise, fines can be issued:
• Headlamp beam deflectors
• First aid kits
• Warning triangle and reflective vest
• Motorcyclists – safety helmets for both drivers and passengers
Driving schools and applying for a Driver’s License in Albania
Get in touch with a Licensed Driving Schools for the required category and register to complete a theoretical and road skill driving course.
Documents and fees for “theory” test:
• Translated and notarized photocopy of the ID card and passport.
• Notarized photocopy of a valid residence permit.
• 2 photographs, size 4 x 5 cm, signed on the back by the applicant, name & surname
• Medical certificate with a photograph, certifying the physical ability to drive the vehicle of the relevant category, issued no earlier than six months from the date of submission of the application
• Payment receipt for a “LICENSE” type DD / T, in order to register for the theory test.
The exam is computerized; number of questions = 40, maximum time = 40 minutes, number of errors allowed = 4.
Driving skill test:
To apply for a Driving License in Albania you will need to head to the Directory of Road Transport Service with these documents:
• The original hardcopy ID or passport is verified and returned to the citizen
• Valid Residence Permit (must be within the validity period)
• Payment receipt for the driving license fee (state budget tax)
• Payment receipt of 3500 ALL for driving license fee;
• 3 photographs – passport size 4 x 5 cm
At the end of the procedure, a digital headshot is taken and the electronic signature (name + surname) is deposited, which will be clearly visible in the driving license. The document will be available at the information desk of the Regional Directorate where the application is made.
Convert foreign Driving License to an Albanian Driving License at the Directorate of Road and Transport Service and applying for license verification beforehand:
• Service request
• Notarized and translated copy of passport
• Notarized copy of a valid residence permit
• Original valid foreign driving license
• A photocopied, translated and notarized medical certificate with a photograph, certifying the physical ability to drive the vehicle of the relevant category, issued no earlier than six months from the date of application.
• Payment receipt for the service of 2,300 ALL.
• Request form
• Valid ID and photocopy
• Foreign Drivers License
• Valid Residence Permit
• A payment receipt of 3500 ALL fee for the driving license